How to cancel Planet Fitness membership?
People have realized the importance of leading a healthy lifestyle and have started working on getting in shape. The gym is the first thing that comes to mind when toning the body and staying fit. There are millions of gyms worldwide whose goal is to help people build an exercise routine in their daily lives.
Healthy eating habits have also started, and many health-conscious people avoid junk food and switch to vegans or healthy eaters. People realized the need to keep fit and started joining gyms. These gyms aim to help their clients tone down and stay in shape.
Planet Fitness also has the same intention of helping people get in shape. It is a famous gym franchise, offering low monthly payments. Requires a contract, which limits cancellation and provides an early termination fee schedule. The best way to cancel your Planet Fitness membership is by writing to Membership Services.
Many people take Planet Fitness Membership, and after a few months, they realize that it is not for them, and they are. Although canceling a gym membership is not good news, many people feel that they can join some sport and do physical activity. In today’s article, we show you how to cancel your Planet Fitness membership.
How to cancel Planet Fitness membership?
For all of you who are unsure how to cancel your Planet Fitness membership, here are a few things to pay attention to.
#1. Find the contract
While you may have signed up with a non-enrollment fee schedule, you have still signed an agreement, which designates how you can cancel the membership and in what situations you may be allowed to waive cancellation fees.
#2. read the contract
The contract sets out the terms and conditions, and you should know them. Check if you have a monthly or annual contract; whether you pay monthly or annually, It has likely signed a one-year contract. Check when your contract ends. It will be easier to wait a month or two until the contract ends.
#3 Be mindful of the billing cycle
Generally, for a monthly contract, one should cancel the membership before the 10th of the month, as you are usually billed before the 20th, and the company also needs time to process your request. For an annual contract, you must cancel before the 27th of the month when you are billed.
Think of a fitness contract like a lease; giving 30 days’ notice and paying early termination fees is expected in gyms.
#4. Get Waived From Gym Fees
If you can provide written proof that you are injured or must move outside of Planet Fitness’ scope, fees may be waived.
If you are injured, try to get a note from your doctor confirming that you will not be able to use the gym facilities. If you are moving to a new location, you must be at least 25 miles from any Planet Fitness location. Ask your employer to write a relocation letter, and be sure to plot the distance before mentioning where you will be moving.
If the above situations do not apply to you, you will be required to pay the cancellation fee. However, if you have a solid reason to cancel the membership, you can avoid paying the price. But make sure you have a written statement of your situation, as no one takes your word for it these days.
It should have your membership ID number personal information like your address, driver’s license number, or your date of birth. Write a one-page document requesting to cancel the membership. Make sure you agree with the contract specifications.
Please specify that you want the cancellation fee waived if you are eligible and state the reason in your letter. Include all your personal information; you must provide the last four digits of your social security number and your driver’s license number and sign.
Here are some essential things to do when you cancel your Planet Fitness membership
- You can call the respective department requesting a meeting to cancel your membership.
- Try meeting with a Planet Fitness representative. Tell them you want to cancel your membership and provide them with written documentation once the cancellation is made. Have a copy of the letter with the signature of the representative. It will come in handy in the future if you are ever asked to pay the fee again.
- Arrange to pay future monthly payments. Eliminate any cancellation fee to be sure your membership is fully canceled.
- Write down the name and number of the representative; this is important in case you run into trouble after canceling. For example, if you are suddenly charged a large amount, you can contact the representative for help.
- Check your bank statement to ensure you are not charged the membership fee monthly, even after you cancel the membership. If you find that you are being charged, please get in touch with Planet Fitness immediately and have this issue resolved as soon as possible.
- If the gym still asks you to pay the fee, give them the written cancellation document to prove that you canceled the membership.
These are the few things you can do to cancel your Planet Fitness membership. It is of utmost importance to read the terms and conditions when you sign up for something like this in the future, as you may be charged considerable amounts if you do not comply with the terms and conditions mentioned in the contract.
And with that, we come to the end of this article!
How to cancel Planet Fitness membership